Wednesday, October 28, 2009

POW

My Pick of the Week this week is adorable girl clothing. I have discovered and fallen in love with boutique clothing and all the fun fabrics and patterns that go along with it. I have to say that, although I oooh and aaaah at the pictures of these cute little girls modeling this cute, cute clothing, I don't think I could really dress my girls like this every day in real life (even if the budget allowed it... which it most definitely does NOT). I think these looks are pretty over-the-top, but still fun to look at and glean ideas from.

This beautiful creation is from the Lily and Ebony Etsy shop. The bright colors really appeal to
me. Somehow, the dress still seems very casual and wearable even with all the ruffles (you can't see in this pic, but there are ruffles all down the back). Maybe it's just the casual stance of the model... Oh, and I love that cute pocket too. You can have this little treasure all for yourself for the eye-popping price of $149.00.

Did I mention the budget was restrictive?


Isn't this lovely? I love the color choices, the simplicity of the design and the extra detail of the
sash. You already know I am loving sashes. This is from the Momi Boutique Etsy shop and is priced at a very reasonable (only in comparison) $40 for the dress and $27 for the pants.


If you're like me (provided you're a woman) you might be thinking, I know I'm too old to wear that stuff, right?? but I WANT to anyway. I wonder if a ruffle pant would look silly... Would it be unacceptable to wear a pillowcase top? Well, here's your, our, answer. Boutique Mia by CXV on Etsy. They offer pillowcase tops, dresses and, yes, even ruffle pants for women. This is one of my favorites in their line. It's a simple, elastic top, strapless a-line dress with a ribbon for waist definition. It's *cough, cough* $64... but wait... look at this versatility!

Wear it as a high-waisted a-line skirt with a sash and voila! a new level of sophistication and a dress that can be worn in every season. I love it. And one day... I'm going to make it. You just wait.

No comments: