Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Life in General

At the moment, I feel like I've got quite a few different trains of thought all running on different tracks through my brain. Often their dischordant "ca-lack, ca-lack" ing and "chuga-chuga-choo" ing keeps me up at night.
I feel like I've become somewhat of a different person during the course of this pregnancy. It's like I've had a new awakening to creating, crafting, sewing, fashion and makeup. I'm afraid I can't really say that I've grown into a different person spiritually, although God's definitely working on me... just no drastic changes yet. And I can't say that I've grown into the kind of housewife and mom that I really want to be. I've just changed in superficial areas. sigh. I guess those superficial areas are still part of me and it's ok for that part of me to evolve.
Anyway, back to those trains. One of them is totally dedicated to ideas about house organization, a place for everything and... you know the rest. I want to organize the storage room, declutter the hall closets, actually create a sewing nook with places to put projects and fabric and patterns and tools.
Another train is all about continuing to decorate the house. I have sooooo many ideas and projects in my head. Paint the hall. Draw more artwork with a gold paint pen in our bedroom. Pick some pictures from my parent's trip to Italy to blow up, frame and hang in the guest bedroom, Prod my aunt about the magnolia painting I commissioned from her a while back to hang in the living room. Get vinyl wall lettering for the living room and the master. Paint a decorative flower/scroll pattern on the living room wall across from the accent wall in the dining room. Replace the old, dingy fabric in the doors of the buffet with new fabric. I could really go on and on....
The third train charges through my brain with sewing projects galore. I have at least 4 unfinished projects waiting right now and three more that MUST be completed before Arielle arrives. Then there's all the stuff I want to make that's not necessary, just a want.
A couple days ago, the Christmas train arrived. It's really a conglomeration, hauling cars from almost all the other trains. I'm thinking of how I'd like my house to look this Christmas, what I could craft for presents and what I need to do relating to Christmas before the baby gets here that I might not be able to/want to afterwards.
Of course, you all know about this new makeup train that just rolled on in not that long ago and now I can't stop wanting to learn all about brands, ingredients, tips and techniques. It's a big, loud train. Sephora has become a weekly haunt as I find new products on YouTube that I want to try for myself. I'm really surprised the sales people don't recognize me... maybe they do and just don't let on. I mean, how many other red-haired, extremely pregnant women with cute little blonde-haired toddlers come in there?

I went in today to try the Korres Wild Rose Foundation and the Tarte Cheek Stain stick thingy. Seriously, I am now totally in love with both of these products. I already ordered my Laura Mercier foundation from Ebay, but after that's used, Korres' foundation is probably next in line. I didn't even know about this brand a week ago. But it's really everything I want in a foundation. Their products are on Sephoras "green" list because they are formulated without mineral oil, parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances etc. It's a brightening foundation (not matte and not dewy) with great coverage and buildability. The only possible downside is the SPF 20, but now that I'm using a primer, that should cut the risk of blemishes.
And this foundation (from reading the reviews on Sephora's site and elsewhere) actually improves peoples' skin the more they wear it. Ladies are talking about their skin looking better and better every time they wash the makeup off. How's that for a perk? Although it's color formulations are limited (only six shades to choose from) and they are really more olive based, whereas I'm ruddy, I think my skin has never looked better than it does with the Wild Rose Foundation I have on today. The Sephora rep made me a sample to take home and I'm really looking forward to trying it again tomorrow and seeing if I still love it as much as I do today. Other big plus to Korres? Their foundation is $28 compared to Laura Mercier's $42. Nice.

1 comment:

Just His Best said...

I don't think I"ve told you how much I enjoy the "makeup train" you've been on. I've never been confident when choosing makeup, but you've made it look so fun that I think I need to experiment as well.

I do want to talk skin care with you too. Since I think we have the same acne-prone skin I was wondering what you use. I'll have to email you!