Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Gotta Love a Deal

I always get excited about saving money... not the kind of saving money where you don't spend any at all, but the kind where you spend less than you thought you might have to.
I've been Ebay hunting and I discovered a listing about 3 days ago for the Laura Mercier foundation that matched my skin so well. It goes for $42 full price and this listing began the bidding at 99 cents. (is there really no cents sign on my keyboard? hmmm) I was the first bidder and the only bidder for 2 of the 3 days. Needless to say, I was getting very excited about getting it for $4 including shipping. Then the inevitable happened and someone else bid $10. My cap was $14.50 because that's about all that's left in my part of the budget this month, so I went for it, afraid I would forget to be in front of my computer in the last few minutes of bidding. Apparently the other bidder wasn't interested in paying more than that either because I won it! $17.50 total for a $42 product. Yea! That's almost like buying a "high-end" drugstore brand like Physician's Formula.

1 comment:

Just His Best said...

what a great idea. Wonder if I could get the green tinted primer you mentioned there too!