Saturday, October 10, 2009

Finally!



Something that turned out right the first time! Sewing is MUCH more enjoyable when I follow a pattern (an easy one that includes step by step instructions with photos) and just take things slowly. Talking to myself while I work seems to help to. :)
I used the Peasant Top/Dress pattern from Whimsy Couture and added the sash with the flower. I'm loving the sash idea and I've seen it a lot. It's a nice option to make the dress something special and you can use the flower or not (it's on a clip) and you can tie it in the back or the front, in a bow or a knot... so versatile!
I have a couple of options for Eden to wear for Christmas, but I really wanted to make her a dress myself.
So I did it. And now that I've done one, I'm not as scared to try to make Arielle's.

4 comments:

Just His Best said...

So, so cute! I'm craving a little girl!!

Sarah said...

Holy Cow! I am seriously loving this cute little dress, and I am extremely impressed that you made this. You really are so skilled!

Sara said...

It took lots of other failed/unfinished projects and a really easy pattern to get to this point. Thanks!

Sara said...

It took lots of other failed/unfinished projects and a really easy pattern to get to this point. Thanks!