Sunday, October 04, 2009

All By Myself

I don't know how I can get some really good lighting but here's a picture of me with my own take on a make up look using some of the things I learned from my makeovers. I'm sad you can't see it very well, but I'll tell you what I used anyway.
I primed my face with the oil-free primer sample from Lorac I got with my Sephora order. Then I used some of my Arbonne liquid foundation in shade 1C. Unfortunately, this foundation is SPF 8 and I'm trying not to use SPF on my face for a couple of weeks to see if it helps my acne issues, but maybe having the primer on my face first will protect it. ??? I then used my BareMinerals powder foundation as a concealer around my eyes, and nose and all over my eye lids as a base for shadow and liner. I used a drugstore brow pencil in an auburn shade to define my brows. I decided to go with the more dramatic MAC eyeliner look on the lid using a drugstore brown liquid liner. I used Queen Phyllis (my daily sandard) shimmery gold powder shadow from BareMinerals on my lid and tear ducts and then accented with a blue-green color called Freedom on my lower lash line. I used the NARS blush/bronzer duo for my cheek color and contour and finished it off with BareMinerals Buxom lip gloss in Bunny.
We went out to see an air show earlier today and there was definitely some dewiness involved (that's the girl term for sweating), but my makeup really lasted. This picture was taken at the end of the day and probably the only thing that needed touching up was my lip gloss. I'm really noticing the difference of using a primer. Not only does my makeup have more staying power, but I'm having to use less to cover.
Onward in my makeup adventures.

No comments: