Sunday, July 19, 2009

Spend Thrift

Chuck mentioned today that although we didn't eat out this week as much as we did last week, I may have spent the money we saved on crafts.
Oopsy.
But crafting things SAVES you money right? Because everything I'm making, or plan to make are necessities and we would have had to buy them anyway... well, not exactly. It's more like I'm making things that I want to buy, but are frivolous costs and I can do them cheaply myself. Things like a new dress for Eden. ($3 shirt from Goodwill + 50 cent bit of trim) Or a new purse for myself. ($1.50 fat quarter + $2 pack of buttons + embellishment using leftover fabric from Goodwill shirt) Or another hairbow. (using another scrap of leftover fabric from the same Goodwill shirt + glue and hairclip I already had) I just saved, like $50! and gained sewing knowledge and pride for my handmade items. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

No comments: