Saturday, July 18, 2009

The New Do

I've been really frustrated with my hair ever since the last cut I got.  The hairdresser used the thinning shears all over and the razor on parts and I ended up with damaged looking thin hair (in my opinion).  I was flirting with the idea of cutting it shoulder length to re-grow it thicker, but put it off because I didn't want to do anything on a whim, especially while pregnant.  Well, it's been several weeks now and I was due for a trim.  I'm still frustrated almost every day at how thin the ends are and it bothers me that it doesn't look thick and full.  It just disappears to nothingness when I run my fingers through it.  I've made do by letting it go wavy/curly, but that means I have to put a curling product in it and that makes it ineligible for my husband to play with.  Although it is very easy to do it that way, and I do like the way it looks, I'd grown used to the option of straightening it and I felt I didn't have that option any more.
Without further ado, here is what my NEW hairdresser and I decided to try today.  Chuck was shocked and feigned a faint when I got home, but it'll always grow and I know whenever it does get long again that I'll be happy with it.  As for now, I can enjoy my fun, sassy summer cut and have the option to go straight or curly.


3 comments:

gifton said...

Cute! I am way overdue for a cut myself. I tried to get an appointment with Monica this week but she was completely booked. I'm ready for something different too but I just haven't figured out what that is yet!

Sara said...

I miss Monica. This is the first hairdresser I've gone to here where we talked comfortably the whole time and I think she did a really great job listening to my desires and gave me a great cut. I'm definitely going back.

Just His Best said...

It looks great!! I had a superb hairstylist in Atlanta and it doesn't matter who I go to now, no one compares. :)

Now, where's your belly shots?