Friday, July 10, 2009

Rain Drops on Roses...

and naming little girls! My favorite thing for today is names, names, names. Did you know I've been playing around with baby naming books since I was little? I remember before 10 years of age, checking out a couple of baby name books from the library and lying in my bed late at night with my lamp on, notebook and pen in hand, writing lists of names I liked. Sometimes i would write a list of first name choices and a list of middle name choices and then match them in all the different combinations I liked. Sometimes I would just reverse the list of first name choices and write them in a new column and see what I came up with when they were paired. As a parent, I would think this could be a bit disturbing. I guess they could discern the difference between "baby crazy" and "baby name crazy." Looking back, I really didn't even think about wanting a baby. I didn't carry around a doll or obsess over babies. I just knew I would have at least one to name one day and I looked forward to it.
Well, that time came once and has come again. We named our first girl Eden Abigail Upshaw (both names that I'm positive were never on my lists) and we have just named our second girl...
Arielle Genevieve Upshaw.
I can say for sure that Arielle made it to that list quite a few times and has probably been a top name choice for me for years. I don't think I ever thought my husband would go for it, but he LIKES it! Hallelujah!
We both really like the name of our new blessing and are very much looking forward to meeting the personality that goes with it.

No comments: