Sunday, July 12, 2009

Crafts

A little while back, I bought a few yards of korker ribbon in a few colors, 50 clippies, 50 no-slip grips and some craft glue. I made 3 or 4 korkers and then put it all away until the bow-making urge hit me again. Well, it has hit. I am in the midst of designing and comissioning a big sister/little sister set for Eden and Arielle from the amazing Amy Norris at Brownie Goose.  She is creating an a-line top with some ruffle pants for Eden and collaborating with another Alliance mom who has an embroidery machine to make a coordinating onesie that says "lil' sis."  I had to go to Hancock Fabrics to search for some green embroidery thread to match the green on the fabric of Eden's outfit and just happen to hit the store during a 50% off sale.  I took the opportunity to pick out some more ribbon colors since I currently have a very limited color selection in Eden's bow wardrobe.  I've decided recently that it's time for her to learn to not only keep them in her hair, but to love them.  I love seeing her wear them too much to let the possibility for precious cuteness go to waste just because she's always wanting to take them out and play with them.  I probably should be focusing on potty training or something ranking higher in importance, but what the hey?  We've already made good progress.  She kept a bow in for the whole time she was in nursery today at church.  :)

Anyway.  I've made two new bows so far with my new ribbon and may make another today.  I took a picture of my latest creation being modeled by my cutie for all to admire.  I really love it. And it probably cost me all of 50 cents.

No comments: