Saturday, July 04, 2009

A Packed 4th

Here are a few pictures from our day.
Chuck ran his 13th Peachtree Road Race today. His grandparents and I waited with the cheering crowd on the sidewalks of Peachtree Street just to see him pass and to cheer him on. While we waited and watched, I took out the camera. Here's some of what I saw...






After Chuck got home, cleaned up and changed, we headed to his dad's parents house where we had ribs, rolls, salad, fruit, brunswick stew and more. Many of the Upshaw cousins, aunts and uncles were in attendance and a good time was had by all.


Eden enjoyed climbing up and down the stairs while a couple of the aunts and cousins reminisced about a painting of Noah's ark the cousins did for Grandmommy and Granddaddy when they were little.

Around mid-afternoon, we headed up to Dawsonville to be with Chuck's mom and her parents. Eden rode a horse for the first time! I was pretty petrified by the whole idea, but it helped me to be behind the camera lense for the experience. I worried less about her safety and more about getting the shot.



No comments: