Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Reading is Fun!

I'm instituting a "No TV Tuesday" at least for this week. I got four books in the mail from Half.com (great place to buy new and used books cheap, sometimes cheaper than Amazon) and I have no excuse not to read them. I'm starting on Dr. Tim Kimmel's Grace Based Parenting today. I'll let you know what revelations I have while reading.

I'm completely convinced that we need to get the Your Baby Can Read system (www.yourbabycanread.net) for Eden and the newest addition. I saw the infomercial a while ago and was intrigued, but skeptical. I just saw a new infomercial for it late last week and was completely convinced that Eden would benefit greatly from this system. I'm strongly considering homeschooling and this just seems like a first natural step. Besides, she LOVES books! She "reads" them aloud to herself already. I want to give her the gift of really being able to read the words on the page. She loves to have a book in the car, she looks at books during her playpen time and frequently asks to be read to throughout the day. She will LOVE to read! The only obstacle is the price. It's not so much that we don't have the money, it's just deeming the program worthy of the money it requires. I think we'd be getting a deal since we'll educate two for the price of one. If any decisions are made, I'll post about them.

1 comment:

Amanda Jones said...

I know several people using this program and they love it! I have only heard great things!