Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Out On A Limb

I'm hitting a nesting phase, I think.  That must be it.  Of course, just so it's not too out of character, it has nothing to do with feelings of wanting to clean or tidy.  It has everything to do with wanting to make Eden's room extra girly.  I found some vinyl wall decals that I love on Etsy, but I thought it might be more rewarding just to paint something myself.  I've never really painted before, not even on a small canvas, but I'm just going to take the plunge.  I've already got colors picked and I even drew it all out in pencil today.  I felt compelled.  It's not like the baby will be here any time soon, but the compulsion to prepare is strong.  Besides, if I'm going to do something to this particular wall, now's the time.  We're about to move Eden's crib across the room to that very wall in preparation to bring in a toddler bed.
Here's the picture I'm working from to create my art for my two girls.




As an aside: I visited Kirtsy tonight. First time I've ever been there and I still don't really have a clue what it's all about, but I found a creative soul I like. And what she describes in this post makes what I'm doing not look quite as crazy... and I think it's pretty darn cool.
Check out this super creative and gusty gal here.

2 comments:

Just His Best said...

That is beautiful! Are you going to add an owl in there? :)

What is Kirtsy?

Sara said...

According to kirtsy.com:
kirtsy is a social media platform of pure goodness. A plaza for the peachy. A portal to the pretty. A place to find cool things. To read smart scoop. To connect with fab ideas, exceptional people, useful information, excellent products. All of it. And more.

kirtsy is just like that friend who always finds the best stuff. Only better.