Saturday, January 17, 2009

Valentine's Day is Just Around the Corner

...and to get you in the mood, I thought I'd post a video clip full of mushy-lovey-doveyness.
The movie Moulin Rouge is a modern musical with a feel from the past. The movie has no redeeming qualities besides its entertainment value. I can't help but enjoy the artistry of it. The witty dialogue and storyline, the beautifully written songs, the saturated colors of the set and the intense love story all suck me in. I saw it again on TV a couple of days ago and couldn't help but sing along to this medley. I remember when I first heard it, I had no idea that they had pasted together the words from so many different songs. It's almost like a tribute to great love songs from the past. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Artistic, witty dialogue and storyline, beautifully written score and set design.

Redeeming values galore!

Sara said...

morally redeeming is what I meant... the moral tone isn't good.
But yes, everything you mentioned is why I enjoy it.