Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An Endangered Species?

I just wanted to praise God publicly for leading me to a group of young mothers like myself who want His best for their kids and are searching and studying to find His will for their parenting. I just started attending a Bible study geared toward parenting with some of the girls from the UMC Spouses Alliance and they are in there talking about doing devotionals with their children, God parenting their kids, praying with their children before disciplining them, spanking, complimenting their children about God-given character traits... and on the list goes.
I am just so blessed and tickled to have been asked to join this group. I think every generation wonders if there are others out there who are still holding firm to the faith that they were raised in. I know, as I left home and went to college and began to hear about how other people were raised, I didn't know if I was going to find a husband, much less find someone for my children to marry. What a huge, huge confirmation that God has placed us in the right place for such a time as this that I would find a whole group of like-minded moms who are determined to put in the extra work to train their children and who desire their children to have a personal experience every day with their Creator!
Please let this be an encouragement to any moms that may think that they are alone in their endeavors or that their children have no counterparts elsewhere, but may be the only ones of their kind. We are not extinct! Our numbers are growing and we CAN make a difference for generations to come.

No comments: