Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Random Rants

How DARE a cockroach be crawling on my fireplace in broad daylight in the middle of the afternoon!  Roaches are supposed to skitter around only at night when I'm not looking, never cross my path when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and NEVER show their yucky little brown faces when we have guests staying with us.  That is the Cockroach Code of Conduct.

Why, oh why is Eden so tired after no morning nap, playing in childcare during my Bible study and an afternoon dance class that she's falling asleep in her carseat despite me tickling her feet at red lights and singing extremely loudly to whatever is on the radio, limp as a wet dishrag as I carry her into her room and lay her in her crib, and then suddenly alert, talking and fussing when I leave her room!?!?  AAAAAAArrgh!

How come the draw to touch everything off-limits has suddenly become irresistibly strong for my 19 month old?  Unfortunately, these urges of hers correlate inversely to my level of patience.

Why is photography so darn-tootin' expensive!?  I really need to just learn my camera better, take some classes and get with the program to make some phat cash.  I enjoy doing it.  People like my pictures.  There's not an overflow of photographers here in Jackson.  
But that's not where I was going with this.  I really want someone to take pictures of my labor and birth.  My mom was able to do it last time, but an 8 hr. drive is kind-of prohibitive.  Besides, she told me yesterday that she doesn't really want to be at the hospital anyway.  She'd rather come stay with Eden.  That way, if I'm at the hospital through the night, she can just put Eden to bed and go to sleep.  Lame.  No, really, that's fine with me.  But that means, there's no one to take pictures.  I've looked into hiring someone, but the prices are just ridiculous.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I've got to work something out.  It's pretty stinkin' important to me to document my (possibly) last labor experience.

That's it for now...








2 comments:

Just His Best said...

I've been thinking the same thing. Grrr. I've asked three people and no one is interested. I think they're more freaked out than anything else.

I was thinking of even calling ASU to find a student photographer. I don't need anything perfect, just want to document it somehow!!!

Amanda Jones said...

I use Katie Stafford http://www.marymomentphotography.com/

and I think she is really resonable! I would do it for you but I don't think you would be too pleased.