Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Social Dance for Kids

The fliers will be going out this week for a kids ballroom camp that I've been asked to teach for the month of June. I'll also be doing a VBS that month, so I bet it'll fly by. It's not a sure thing that the dance classes will happen. There's a minimum of four couples and we're getting the fliers out pretty late in the game. We've made the sign-up deadline May 22nd. Hopefully enough people will have seen the fliers and brochures by then (and respond).
I have no idea how this is going to go. The owners of the dance studio and I think we might have found a niche in the market that's completely untouched. No other studio in town is doing a ballroom summer intensive for children. I've tried to put an etiquette spin on it as well, so as to appeal more to the sensibilities of Southern aristocratic parents. Not that I want a bunch of kids there that were forced by mom, but... the mom will be the one seeing the brochure. With the minimum of four couples, I am ensured that I won't be totally wasting two days a week for the month of June. I'm not going to be extremely dissapointed if not enough people sign up, but it will certainly be nice to have the cash that would go with a bunch of people signing up. Time will tell!

No comments: