Thursday, April 09, 2009

Backsplash!

We are getting a beautiful glass tile backsplash today! I'm pretty nervous about it because I've been second guessing my color choices ever since we paid the down payment. I'm no interior designer, but I tend to have a pretty good eye for color. This is just so... permanent. I chose three colors that I think will compliment the speckled granite counter tops. The installers are supposed to use an off-set horizontal pattern, like bricks...
Oh my gosh. They just showed up.
OK, now that I'm dressed and my hair looks decent and I have the dog locked in the back bedroom and I have all the dishes in the dish washer instead of in the sink and I have all the appliances on the dining room table instead of on the counter... they can start and I can finish this.
OK, NOW I can finish this... had to get some music set up for them.
I was going to say I'm pretty nervous about all this. It's the first home improvement type thing we've had someone come in and do for us. I really have to keep a close eye on them and make sure they do everything how I want it and that we get what we paid for. I've seen lots and lots of shows on HGTV where the contractor messes up the job. So far, these guys seem pretty concerned with getting things right. They checked all their tile boxes before they got started to make sure they had all the right amounts in the right colors. Good sign.
I think I just heard an "oops"... bad sign. I'd better go.

No comments: