Monday, September 22, 2008

Our Week

Vacation over, back to life.
It's all kind-of a blur now, but I know one thing, I was right about the extra stress created by grandparents asking questions or making comments all the time. I was definitely ready to leave, or go buy a condo or something. Anything to not stay another night in the house with my parents. It might have been much the same staying with anybody, just different things that would have stressed me out. We don't really have any other options anyway. No one else has an extra room for us and another for the baby. Dolce feels the most comfortable there, too, and she's definitely a factor.
I wish I could turn off my annoyance meter and just blink a couple times with a blank look in my eyes when my parents say something that falls in that "annoying" category. I haven't figured out how to do that yet, though. I want to yell, "Don't touch our stuff! I don't know why she's crying right now! I don't know if she actually took a nap because I wasn't in the room with her! I can wash that bottle out myself! She HAS done that before even though you've never seen it! I do not have to play with her the same way you just did even though you got a positive reaction from her! I don't know if she's ever made that particular face before! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"
I also want to tell my mom (whose taste is very different from mine) not to buy Eden any more clothes unless I ask for them and not to make me feel guilty when I do ask for them. My parents have said multiple times that they never know what she needs when they see something they want to buy her, but the last time I mentioned a need to them, I was told to just get it myself, which I did and then when we got to their house, there was the item I'd asked for hanging in the guest closet. So I could've saved myself a few bucks. geez.
My mom went garage saling without me and bought Eden about 12 outfits. I like maybe 4, and the rest I can't even consign because their not in good enough condition or they're just plain out of style. Even if I did like all of them, she didn't realize that the sizes Eden needs do not directly correspond to her age, so many of the outfits will be too small by the time it is cool enough to wear them. I feel so bad that she essentially wasted $15-$20, but if she wants to buy non-returnable items instead of exactly what the baby needs when I tell her, that's the risk she takes, I guess.
There were good times this week too. The trip to Athens was fun. We got to visit with lots of family. We got some killer pictures of Eden in my mom's studio. Eden crawled for the first time. We ate a ton of good food. Chuck celebrated his 27th birthday. We got to go to some of our favorite Atlanta places. We went on a date. Yea for fun and happy things!
We also made a big decision this weekend.... countdown to baby number two starts now! :) Yes we're back in the "trying to conceive" stage once again. I think this will be it, though, really. I'm going for this against all my previous reasoning...all the way down to my determination never to be my most pregnant mid-summer. All out the window. So here we go, creating even more loops and drops in our rollercoaster! I'll keep you all updated as soon as we have a date.

2 comments:

Just His Best said...

Ooh, I've been waiting for your return and am so excited to hear about your big decision. Better make it snappy though so we can experience pregnancy together for what may be my last time...I'm 8 weeks along! Yippee!!!!

gifton said...

woohoo! Congrats! And the fun of it all begins. I'm glad you guys are going to have another one. Who wouldn't want to have well-rounded good parents like you guys? Keep me updated. I'm going to try for us to not be pregnant at the same time this time :) Don't get me wrong... it was great! But it would be nice to plan the next one :)