Thursday, September 25, 2008

Deal or No Deal

I love a deal! I just get so excited and the adrenaline starts to flow when I can see a deal in the making. I hone in on it and pounce... if I have the funds. I feel a bit like a Geico commercial..."I just saved a bunch of money on fill-in-the-blank." I have to share my latest deals, just because I'm so thrilled.
I found a lady on www.diaperswappers.com willing to fill a flat rate box with her gently-used, name-brand maternity clothes for super cheap. I got 12 pieces (3 dresses, 2 skirts, 7 shirts) for $50 (including shipping) and one of the shirts is $25 new (and you can still get it in the store!), not to mention the Gap skirt and the dresses probably weren't cheap either. It's almost like the thrill people must get from stealing, except it's legal. And by the way, I know I'm buying maternity clothes before I'm even pregnant... but they were a deal! and I'll need them eventually! so lay off! :) and I could be pregnant now. It's not impossible.
I also got 10, count 'em, 10 cloth diapers at a consignment sale today for $10. Only one was a name brand and the rest were WAHM made, but that's still a buck a diaper. Not bad at all. I probably saved $90 or more and if I don't like them, I can sell them and make money off them.
There have definitely been times when I had the wonderful rush of knowing I just saved a bunch of money and then find the very same thing somewhere else for less. Or I buy it at the store for half off only to see it in someone's garage that weekend for a couple bucks. That really stinks doesn't it? Man, that's the worst, when you thought you saved so much and then, all of a sudden, you feel like you lost money instead.
That didn't happen this time though, so hooray! I get to feel the thrill all over again next week when my package comes in the mail. yippee!

No comments: