Sunday, September 07, 2008

Happiness is Having a Dance Class

My calves and neck had it the roughest, apparently. I winced and yelped a bit today when I had to climb steps - a little yelp for each step. The tops of my feet have burns on them from rubbing them across the floor while transitioning from standing to rolling or kneeling to standing or kneeling to jumping. My knee is bruised. I bet there are bruises in other places that I just can't see.



Class was great! :) I haven't worked that hard or felt that alive in a while. It just reconfirmed that God has put dance inside of me. I am fulfilled by it, awakened by it, energized by it. I love to move. I love the challenge of a new movement phrase. I love hearing music, familiar or new, and cutting and swirling through it like it was water. I almost feel like I'm the one making it... that, as my body moves, the sounds emerge.



Here's the apprehensive me, before class. I should've taken an "after" photo of me all red-faced, sweaty and worn-out, but I didn't.

2 comments:

gifton said...

Wish I was that tiny :)
Love ya!

Ali said...

Dancing is something I wish I could do! If you have ever read my Zumba posts (I don't know how to link all that...it was one of my first) you know my abilities. What a gift! Glad you got to move!