Sunday, September 20, 2009

Priorities

This was way too good not to repost and it expresses what God's been laying on my heart every so often. He just keeps coming back around and working on me a little bit more. Same subject matter. Same suggestions. One day, I'll get it.
This is from Ali at A Cup of Cold Water. You can find the link to her honest thoughts about God and her family life at the link at the bottom of this page.

"Do you ever feel uncool? Like everyone in the world is cooler than you? More popular
than you? Being used by God in ways that you would NEVER be used? I need to get in the Word. I'll tell you what. How long, Oh, Lord, will I be in the 6th grade? How long will I long for You to mold me into something that I am not? How long will I look on with envy that you have gifted others in ways that You have not gifted me. How long will I be sad that I don't sew, or monogram things...or want to? How long? How long will I want to spend time with people that I don't have anything in common with? How long will I scoff at the life and talents and mercies you have so freely poured out on me? How long? Until I spend time with You, You say. Until I value Your Word more than I value 20 minutes of extra sleep? Until I seek Your will alone, rather than my own. Then, You say, and ONLY then will I be satisfied. Then, and only then, will I look at where the boundary lines have fallen and declare them to be so good...so pleasing...so perfect. Oh, Father, won't you captivate my heart again. Won't You please satisfy me in the morning with Your unfailing love. I'm not all that...but to Christ...ahh...but because of Christ..."

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's awesome. Thanks for re-posting. What truth about how ridiculous we can be. We try to do everything in the world we think of to be loved and all we need to do is put our hand in His. AGGHH!