Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sewing For My Girl

I will put up a picture of the owl clock soon, I promise.

In the mean time, I have decided on my next craft. Making this shirt dress. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=170402.0 Thanks to Gifton over at www.savvybydesign.blogspot.com for posting the idea and link in her blog! I really liked it the first time I saw it, but wasn't ready to commit to a sewing project. I've since bought Eden that cute-as-can-be BrownieGoose outfit and I'd love to have some more custom pieces for her wardrobe. Since I'm not willing to shell out the money for another BrownieGoose creation right this minute, and since I really did know how to sew at one point, and since I am on a "making things for Eden" high right now, I decided to just try it. I bought a boy's size small shirt at Goodwill today. I think it'll be the perfect size to work with. The men's shirts all looked ginormous. Unfortunately, mine doesn't have nearly as cool a pattern on it as the one in the tutorial, but it's green plaid and I like green and plaid is preppy, so it might be cute.
I'll let you know how it goes. I'm really only posting this here because I'm afraid that the shirt will get tossed in a closet and become part of a procrastination pile. This way, I'm somewhat accountable and might actually do this!

No comments: