Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Owl Clock

My Dad got a new toy for his workshop. He really enjoys wood-working as a hobby and he got some fancy router thing that allows him to cut shapes. He made a fancy wooden highchair for Eden and then he duplicated a rocking horse from a photo I sent him. He offered to do more projects if I thought of any... and I did. I decided Eden needed a clock in her room for whenever she begins to learn to tell time. Since she loves owls oh so much, I drew an owl-shaped clock. It's multi-level with different wooden shapes stacked on top of one another to give it some extra pizzaz. I gave my dad the drawing and told him some basic size specifications and let him have at it. He delivered to me 8 pieces to paint and glue together. I struggled to find numbers I liked, but finally decided on something from Hobby Lobby that worked quite well. I got the last pieces painted tonight and I'm so excited to put the batteries in the clock mechanism and hang it on the wall tomorrow!

1 comment:

Just His Best said...

where are the pictures???? :)