Wednesday, May 06, 2009

POW

I started a wish list at ChristianBook.com today. I keep seeing all these books and DVDs that I would like to have either for me or Eden and then I never remember them when someone needs to get something for me.


One of the DVDs I added to the list was my new favorite program to watch with Eden (when we can find it...I haven't memorized when it's on). It's called 3-2-1 Penguins! and I really enjoy it. After watching it a couple of times, I realized that they make a reference to God at the end of each show and the moral of every adventure is definitely Biblical. I looked them up and, lo and behold, their creator is Big Idea, the creator of Veggie Tales. No wonder I like it!


Wikipedia says "The stories center on the exploits of Jason and Michelle, twin children who are staying with their eccentric grandmother for the summer. At her cottage, they discover a toy spaceship and four penguin figures. The penguins (named Zidgel, Midgel, Fidgel and Kevin) take the twins on trips around the universe, "inadvertently" teaching them valuable life lessons along the way."

With details only the parents will understand (Captain Zidgel's hair is modeled after Elvis, the space ship has a manual transmission and leather-wrapped steering wheel) and effortless wit and humor woven throughout each story, it's undeniably entertaining and just plain fun for all.

No comments: