Monday, May 04, 2009

Developments

Eden has finally added a couple of other words to her three-word vocabulary. I'm referring to spoken words, of course. She still communicates all the time with signs. In fact, I'm pretty sure she's quite happy with the response she gets from signing... so happy that she really doesn't feel the need to try to speak real words. She'll babble all day, but hardly ever anything that we can even pretend is English. Anyway, she decided to add "nana" to her vocabulary. It isn't what you might think. A "nana" is the snack she gets almost every day around 3 o'clock. It's yellow and has a peel. You guessed it. :) Her other on-and-off word is "baba" which can apparently stand for either Grandpa or Grandma at this point. So, we'll see how that develops. We try every day to encourage her to say other things she has constant contact with... owl, Dolce, and milk, for example. She gets frustrated pretty easily if she doesn't feel like trying it. Oh well, maybe there's a language explosion just around the corner.

I just booked my first spa treatment ever about 10 minutes ago. Chuck is giving me my choice of spa treatments for Mother's Day and I'm very excited. I just called and asked to book a couple of things, just like I do it every week or something. She asked what I wanted and I just went right ahead and told her, like it was nothing. HA. Pretty sweet. I'm getting an Aqua Body Polish and a Spa Manicure. I probably would have gone for some sort of massage, but it's a bit iffy to do that sort of thing in one's first trimester, so I skipped it. Spa day, here I come!

No comments: