Friday, February 06, 2009

Frustrated Friday

I don't know how much more I can take!
I was called this evening, 20 minutes before I'm supposed to be at rehearsal, by the stage manager. She told me that only 3 of my guys were there. That's half my male cast not present! Plus, I already knew from earlier in the day that my main guy was gone because of a family matter. I was given no explanation or apology and my entire, much anticipated, much needed two hour rehearsal was gone in a matter of seconds.
I'm so upset, I just don't even know what more to say. I HATE unprepared performances. If my name is on it, I want it to look decent, maybe even good. I have three, count 'em, three more rehearsals scheduled right now before the show. There's not enough time to learn it, much less perfect it... and God forbid any thing else would happen to prevent a full cast rehearsal on one of those nights. There's now no wiggle room, no time, no hope.
I'm trying to get on the phone with the director tonight so maybe she can shed some light on how I should feel about this and where we go from here. I know how I feel. I feel like the folks that can't devote the time to this required (from the very beginning) shouldn't be able to participate. I feel like the piece should probably be demoted now to another (there are already several in the show) singing piece, instead of a dancing piece. I'm curious what the director is feeling about it, though. She's kind-of my barometer.
It makes me mad that, if it does have to change now, to something simpler, or no dance at all, that I will have done all that work over the last few weeks and the latest labor of writing out the entire piece for NOTHING!! AAAAAAAugh!

No comments: