Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dress Rehearsal

OK, last post about the musical before it opens! I'm much less stressed now. Relieved that I really don't have time to do anything else about anything, I guess. I can just let it go and look back with that 20/20 hindsight I've been waiting for and see that this whole process wasn't so bad. (I can see Chuck rolling his eyes. He remembers the rants and frustrations I pummeled him with after returning home from rehearsals.) It's been a bit like childbirth. I'd never done it, so I didn't really know what to expect. I had a little bit of training, but nothing like the real thing. I know what I would do differently and I would definitely do it again. It was worth it. I knew I would say that.
Now is the fun part. Dress rehearsals and feeling like I'm back in college as part of a show. I love the backstage exclusiveness, the knowing that there's stuff going on that the audience will never know and never fully appreciate. I love the bond the performers have just because they've gone through this together and how it extends a little bit to the stage manager, director, and even the choreographer... if she's nice and talks to them and helps them and is there for rehearsals and answers questions... like me.
I forgot the rush of excitement and adrenaline the performance, pending or in progress, provides. I don't ever want to be totally separated from it. I need to keep my fingers and toes dabbling in it somehow.

Here are some pictures from the first dress rehearsal.





No comments: