Friday, October 10, 2008

Strike! Strike!

My baby is going through a nap strike. Now that she's learned to sit up on her own, she requires straps if I expect her to stay in a prone position in her crib. I half expect to walk into her room and see her sitting there with a little sign held high, "No naps for me!"
I'm not sure if she really knows how to lay herself back down after she sits up, either. In the past, I've gone back in her room three and four times to lay her back down and then I give up and get her out of the crib. I decided once, last week, that I would just leave her there, sitting up for her whole nap time. I'm trying to hold to the parent deciding (not the baby) when nap time begins and when it is over. I'd like her to nap for at least an hour in the mornings, so I left her there. After about 30 minutes, there was silence. I forgot to mention that along with sitting comes fussing, a certain type of fussing. I can totally tell when she's laying down and crying or sitting up, even from the other room. It's a nice trick I can amaze my husband with. :) So, I guess either she layed herself down or she fell over in exhaustion. Either way, she slept for an hour and a half after that... so yea for me!
Side note: She's been sitting and fussing in her crib while I've been writing, but now there's silence. *fingers crossed*

I took my pregnancy test today. tsk tsk on me because I just couldn't be patient. It's really, probably too early to know if it was right or not. You've guessed by now that it was negative, haven't you? So now I have to wait until I either have my period, or not, to know for sure. Another test isn't warranted until after the 15th. The days have been soooo long. It seems like the last two weeks have had 10 days each instead of 7. (hehe, I almost typed 8) So now, in Sara world, I have to wait what seems like another 7 or 8 days instead of just 5. Does that make sense to anyone else?
Because I'm probably going to jump the gun again next month, I decided I need to have more than just another box of 2 tests ready, just in case. I went online to EBay to buy some cheap tests and came across a horrid ad for tests that are already positive. I'm not one who enjoys practical jokes at all anyway, but can you imagine what this would do to someone's marriage?

"Why not take some time out and get him to do the chores, whilst you sit back and relax? women have been doing this for years, the only difference is, this way, you dont actually HAVE to be pregnant, so, no throwing up, no weight gain, no baby! just as much rest as you want until you think youve had enough time out then you can tell him... Honey, You've been had!!!! "

Awesome idea, right? Use a fake positive pregnancy test to strike from housework and lay in your whirlpool tub all day. Smart. Way to build trust. I suppose someone that would do this probably didn't have a great marriage in the first place.

1 comment:

Just His Best said...

Uggh, they lose that first nap so quickly don't they? Around here, and especially when you have more than one and are homeschooling, Bennett HAS to take a morning rest whether or not he sleeps - most of the time he does not sleep. I've kept the routine and it gives me a midmorning break to get some focused schoolwork done or for me to get a shower. I only leave him in there for about 45 minutes to an hour - unless he falls asleep. I've tried putting toys and books in the crib with him so he can occupy himself but he usually throws them out of the crib in the first minute in protest and then has to entertain himself. I really do think this is good for him in the long run. We ALL need quiet time whether or not we are sleeping and that's what my focus is. :)