Sunday, October 12, 2008

Secret Agent Man

We went to Lowe's today to get a dehumidifier. I decided I was tired of slipping in between damp sheets at the end of the day. ick.
While we were there, I had another instance of baby brain. I went to get some help from customer service and happened to glance above the door we came through on our way in. Above the door in big red letters was "Pregnancy Exit Only." Then I squinted. Oh, Emergency, not Pregnancy.
Another random happening: While we were waiting for someone to come help us in appliances, Chuck decided to go look at coffee water filters. I waited by the dehumidifiers, in case someone actually decided to show up. No one did. But, I amused myself by watching a gray haired man and his grown daughter duck in and out of the appliance aisles hiding from his wife. I do not know why they were hiding, but it was sure funny to watch. He would duck out of sight a few aisles away from her and then pop his head up in between two coffee makers to see where she was and if she had noticed them. Then they would duck down and scurry around the corner in the open to get to a different aisle and that head would pop up again. The really funny part was when he scurried out of an aisle and into the one my husband was in. He immediately stood up and walked right back the other way while brushing the side of his nose with his hand as if the embarassment he felt was a fly that had landed on his nose. hehe. They continued to act like secret agents, but with a bit less ducking and shifting after that.

No comments: