Friday, August 15, 2008

Revelation

Some things that a couple of moms have said in the last couple of days have really stuck with me, so I thought I'd put them here. My food for thought:
Why worry about losing all the weight only to have another child? Why not just have another and then lose all the weight one time?
hmmmm....
Two can entertain each other, whereas you're the only one around to entertain just one.

Back to the weight issue. I have to admit, I've really been obsessed with my figure after having Eden, I think to an unhealthy level. If I really examine my motives closely, I think gaining weight again and losing all the work I feel like I've done to get my pre-baby body back is number one right now on my list of reasons not to have another child. I don't think that reason's good enough. I saw mom's today with two year olds and they looked great. It made me realize... you know, in 2-3 years, I can be back in shape and have my two kids and look great. Everything is a season.
I also saw a picture of one of Chuck's aunts today with 4 out of her 5 kids all together, arms around each other, smiling for a picture. I know they have a great time together and she really loves having a big family like that. It made me realize the temporary-ness of the fussy baby stage. It's like looking to the greater prize. (Not to devalue the fleeting baby years, but they're hard sometimes.)
Is God doing something in me? Yep. I think He is.

No comments: