Wednesday, August 13, 2008

1+1=better?

It seems like it's been so long! I really don't know what to write about, not because I don't have anything to write about, but because there's just too much. I have the baby on my lap and I'm periodically lifting my elbows while continuing to type to block her from the piece of paper on the desk that she wants to tear up and from my glass of red wine. I can just see the glass shattering on the desk and wine splashing all over the keyboard. So... in return for all my blocking efforts, I get a frustrated, fussy baby who is making it even harder to put some thoughts down.

I'm actually still thinking about having another one. Can you believe it? Of course, probably most people that read this can imagine it because they've done it and even highly recommend it. It's really NOT my favorite thing in the world to hear fussing and see tears and I really can't imagine life right this second with another, possibly even more tearful one to take care of. At the same time. I do think it would just be so cute and so peachy and so fun to have two little ones to help with some baking or play with each other or tag along in the store. Now, I fully realize that this is a fantasy picture of having more than one child. In fact, I was just thinking today at McAllister's Deli where I had lunch how I was just wishing for 45 minutes without fussing so I could eat in peace and then enjoy some relaxing time on my laptop. I was imagining that I would probably be wishing, more realistically, for just 15 minutes if I had two. True? Yet moms still speak so highly of having more than one. Sometimes I think I'm just going to have to close my eyes and jump, so to speak, because the more I think about all the things that aggravate me about one and how that would be multiplied... the more condoms I want to buy.
That's about all the fussing I can stand for now, gotta go.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Close your eyes and JUMP, JUMP, JUMP! That's easy for me to say. My children are now almost 6, 4, and 2...that's why I say it. It's hard...feels impossible sometimes, but it is a lot of fun. The Lord will be clear to you...He knows your name, and I bet you know His voice. I made myself sort of crazy after my first thinking how far should the next be from the first and will that be mean to have another child, will my body ever stop belonging to someone else??? It's fun, it's worth it...I'll say that...easy...not so much...:)