Thursday, August 14, 2008

Just my day

Uggh! The baby's down for a nap after two hours of fussing. Dinner's getting cold on the table as it waits for my husband to arrive home from work (expected him at 3pm, now it's 7:30pm). Dolce is whining outside because I just couldn't stand her barking at every little noise inside. I'm wondering what we're going to do about grocery shopping that was planned for tonight because I was planning on putting the baby to bed at 8pm. Company's coming into town tomorrow. And I didn't get to work out today. Uggh!
Ok, now the good things: I met with some moms today from church for a lunch/playdate. It was really great. We just munched and talked nonsense about random stuff. Eden did really well with the babies and it tuckered her out, so she had a good nap. I got to meet some ladies going through the same things I am. Oh yeah, and the Wheels of Steel I made got rave reviews! (Thanks Kelli!) I never bake anything, much less for small gatherings like that, so that was a really good experience. They were saying I was a little Betty Crocker. I was quick to point out that I was only doing it to make a good first impression so they don't expect it every time. Although, I'm thinking about trying banana bread for next week.
Why does the conversation always have to go to birth stories? I was EXTREMELY good and didn't show my trump card - 36 hours all natural + pitocin toward the end. They were all talking about epidurals and c-sections and unbearable pain... with an 8 month pregnant woman there, no less. I felt so bad for her. It's her first child and she wants to go natural (horray for her!) but she had to hear all these depressing stories. At one point, I just interrupted everyone and said, "but it won't be at all like that for you. You're birth will be awesome." We got to talking after that and found out we have a lot in common, so that was nice. I'm optimistic about finding a good friend in the group. They're all coming over to my place next Thursday.

No comments: