Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Toe Jam



I thought this was pretty cool. Scientists have developed a tape that mimicks the toes of a gecko. If you know nothing of gecko toes, let me fill you in. Geckos have millions of tiny hairs on each foot called setae. I thought that was a piece of furniture, but it turns out that that's a settee... anyways, geckos. These microscopic keratin hairs have a connection on a molecular level, in other words, they actually form a molecular bond, with any surface they come in contact with. The staying power of each individual hair isn't much, but added together, it's powerfully "sticky:" sticky enough for a gecko to hang from just one toe upside down on a glass surface and be mighty comfortable. Scientists have been trying for years to duplicate the amazingness that happens on one gecko's toe and they've finally come up with something similar. I just think it's absolutely incredible that God put that amount of coolness into the toe of a gecko. This really makes me want to jam out and praise God, because you know if He put that much into such a small thing, His thoughts for us are big and numerous. My toes aren't that cool, but I have a Spirit that can communicate directly with God's Spirit and I'm made in His image. He knew me before I was born and has made great plans for my life. He wants to prosper me and lift me on wings like eagles. He has prepared the way before me and has caused Grace and Mercy to follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in His house forever!

No comments: