Monday, March 23, 2009

Favorite Friday

This is my favorite for last Friday:
The vegan cookies made by the Alternative Baking Company.


Yes, vegan. I am no where near, nor am I interested in becoming, nor do I even have the pleasure of knowing a vegan. I don't recycle. I use aerosol cans and harsh chemical cleaners. I don't buy organic (mostly) and I don't make my own deodorant. I do cloth diaper and eat these vegan cookies, though. I eat them because they are addictively good and I feel safe eating one. I don't obsess over the ingredients in the things I eat, but it's nice every once in a while to know that the little nagging thought "What's really in this?" doesn't even have to be in the back corner of your brain somewhere. And did I mention they're yummy? My favorite one is the Pumpkin Spice, but I just tried the Chocolate Peppermint today and, boy, is it good too! There's not a video to post for this one, unless I just take one of myself slowly biting into one of these soft, chewy delights with sensuous music playing in the background... but I'm too tired to do that.
And by the way, you can get them at Whole Foods and other natural food stores or just buy yourself a case right off their website (which I just found out when grabbing the cookie monster logo for this post) http://www.alternativebaking.com/index.cfm

No comments: