Thursday, June 05, 2008

vacation?

Our first trip from our new home will begin tomorrow. We are headed to St. Simon's Island. This is a yearly trip, always in June, and this may be our last one for a while. I have mixed emotions about it. I wanted to have more of the house done, but it's nice to have a break from the monotony of unpacking box after box and painting wall after wall. I'm looking forward to Eden's first experiences at St. Simon's, but I don't really get a true vacation any more because of her. No matter what, I'm up at 8am now, or before in this case, because I can't just let her squeal and yammer in her pack n' play when there are others in the rooms beside us trying to sleep in (what vacations are often about).
I've gotta finish packing and get to bed because the early mornings start tomorrow... 6am.

No comments: