Monday, June 23, 2008

a good uncomfortable feeling

I don't like new things. I like being dissatisfied with old things and complaining about them instead of the discomfort of new things. hmph!
We visited a church here in Jackson yesterday and I didn't really like it. Yeah, the worship was good, really refreshing, actually... but the pastor did that "pastorese" thing sometimes, you know, when they add an extra syllable-ah onto words they want to emphasize-ah. And then when he gets really into it, he expands the word too and starts pronouncing consonants really hard. "JeeeeesusAH is here with us ToDay. He wants to be your SaViourAH." Get it? kinda? Anyway, I guess I'm racist because I don't get bothered by that from a black preacher, but I don't really like it from a white preacher.
I didn't really even get to hear the message because my baby was fussy in the nursery, so I had to go be with her so I don't know if I agree with what he preached and I had uncomfortable conversations with people I don't think I want to hang out with and... and... well, I was uncomfortable and I don't like that feeling.
We're going back next week.

1 comment:

gifton said...

Wow. I'm not looking forward to finding a new church when we move. Maybe it will be better the second time around. I haven't been to a church like that in forever. I grew up thinking that was normal. Since being at our current church. It all seems kinda silly. Why can't you just talk "normal" I'm sure Jesus didn't go around talking like that! Too funny!