Sunday, May 16, 2010

More of Me

This blog was intended to give me an outlet, to allow me to practice some creative writing and to help me get to know me by sharing myself with the world... well, with you anyway.
I've been inspired by my beautiful and creative cousin (by marriage), Adair, to re-embrace my literary side.  I feel like I've been enriched every time I read her blog, Pen and Ink.  Maybe it's just because I haven't really ever gotten the chance to get to know her because we've never lived close to Chuck's family since we married.  I am so impressed by her maturity (greater than mine at her age, I think), her love for her family (something I want for my girls), her literary knowledge (more than mine now), her ability to appreciate the details (she photographs them so her readers can appreciate them too) and her turns of phrase (which make everything sound like a Jane Austen novel).
All that was an introduction to my first Poetry Corner post.  I'll be sharing some of my own poetry as well as poems I like or have been a part of my life.
I'll share one of my own to start it off.  I have a whole journal filled with various writings starting in 1993.  I'm not claiming any of them are good.  In fact, I know for a fact several are bad, but I'm sharing anyway.  (Maybe some of the ones I think are decent first...)

Trees

Trees
Stark figures in the night
Leafy silhouettes in the light

Trees
Complexity concealed
God's handiwork revealed

No comments: