Wednesday, May 05, 2010

The Final Countdown

Not really... I'm sure there will be another countdown. When I'm a couple months away from 40. But right now, it's the countdown to 30. The big three zero. That's right. I know, I know. You can't believe it. I look like I'm going to turn 21, not 30. Well, believe it. And even though I've lived almost 30 years on this earth, I feel like I've only just begun to know myself, to be somewhat ok with myself and to dip my toes into the concept that what others think or project on me ultimately doesn't matter.
Can you imagine how we would feel and act if we could fully grasp representing Christ and His calling for us, His grace and graciousness (meaning that He wouldn't just run pell mell over people because He didn't care what they thought) AND were also able to fully grasp the non-importance of our measly concerns compared with eternity (meaning that we wouldn't stop to bother with the petty concerns of others or ourselves if they distracted us from the ultimate goal)? I can kind-of imagine it. The fact that I can't even fully imagine it just shows how utterly far I am from attaining it.
I am now going to write the rest of what is on my mind and heart in a second post. Wasn't I nice to you? Now you don't have to feel guilty for stopping mid-post because it's so dang long and you really weren't expecting to devote this much time to my blog at the moment. Or you can choose to read the next post. :)
I'll be 30 June 28, by the way.

No comments: