Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Vacation Anyone?

Vacations don't really seem like vacations with two little ones, do they?  I know you could have told me that, but apparently I had to experience it myself to know.
Vacations are just your everyday routine in a different location... without all the comforts and familiarity of home... with family that want to spoil your child as much as possible every single day.... and with a spouse, suddenly around 24/7, that you are somehow supposed to be able to effectively communicate and plan with even though you usually only get the chance to practice those skills but for a few hours at the end of the day (if that).  Slightly challenging, to say the least.
I don't have the time or the willpower to make a long post about this, even though there's plenty to post.
Suffice it to say, we didn't really adjust to the challenges until MAYBE the last two days of our two week vacation.  I would say that we'll be better prepared next time...
In some aspects, I think we will, but we will never be taking a 6 month old and a 2 year old on vacation again.  Next time it will be a one year old and an almost three year old, which may be a totally different ball game for all I know.
It was definitely a milestone for me and more of an education than a vacation.

Here are a few enjoyable moments from our education.  :)




1 comment:

Just His Best said...

oh Sara- I'm laughing with you, not at you, I promise!! Your post made me giggle as I remembered our first vacation/education with our little ones. I was hot and grumpy, sweating and trying to nurse on the beach. No one was in their routine, there was so much packing/unpacking and naptime seemed to be needed as soon as we got settled.

I seemed to be working twice as hard for half of the sanity. It does get better, I promise. :)