Thursday, February 18, 2010

It'sa me, Mario!

It's been 15 years. I've had acne for 15 years.
That's about the only thing I can say has been consistent in my life for that long. I mean, my parents have loved me for longer... and, you know, I've been breathing for longer and stuff like that, but I can't say I've been married that long, or been working somewhere that long or anything like that. You know what I mean.
My face is worn out. And, at 29, I think it stinks that I don't get to have a complexion that's clear. Soon the fine lines start right? I didn't get to just enjoy my face before the signs of aging begin. There's been something on my face every day for 15 years. If there was a rare day without a blemish, then there's always the scars, the marks, the blotchyness.
I feel so vain. I'm near being depressed about this as of late. It's just exhausting. Every day, trying to either cover something up, or pretend it's not there and that others don't notice. Somehow, God has blinded my husband to it. Whew! I really never thought I would be comfortable in front of anyone without makeup on, but I can just relax and totally forget with him.
I've been on Accutane twice, all the topical and oral meds that dermatologists perscribe, ProActiv, Arbonne's acne kit, various face washes with salycilic acid or benzoyl peroxide and, most recently, a blemish-clearing routine by Juice Beauty.

nothing has worked

It's the kind of thing you just don't give up on though because you see people every single day talking about how they cleared theirs up. My skin can't be the one in a million that no product will help.
My next experiment is going to be with Mario Badescu. Never heard of him? Me either. Here's the web site. I don't feel like going into great detail about it, but his products contain sulfur instead of salycilic acid or benzoyl peroxide, so they have the potential to give me different results. My free samples are coming in the mail any day now, and I am hanging my hope on them, just like every other thing I've tried.
Here I go again.

No comments: