Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wishful Wednesday

I am wishing today for a date. A date with my husband without the kids. A date with my husband without the kids where we reminisce about how we met and other memories. A date with my husband without the kids where we reminisce about how we met and other memories while dancing the night away. A date with my husband without the kids where we reminisce about how we met and other memories while dancing the night away after dinner at Dante's Down the Hatch. Oh yes, now THAT's something worth wishing for.
Yum. Fondue at Dante's Down the Hatch in Atlanta. Their website describes the restaurant as:

"...an entertainment complex (built) around the illusion of an 18th century sailing ship tied to the wharf of a mythical Mediterranean village."
"Rising high above the Wharf is the impressive stern of a full-rigged sailing vessel... mast, sails and all... with a moat, complete with live crocodiles surrounding the hull..."

The menu is mostly fondue with a few exceptions...

and jazz music is played live six nights a week from the ship.

One thing I MUST try before I die is their chocolate fondue. You have to order it two days in advance (TWO DAYS) and it is served to you personally by Dante himself. He only serves one a night.

"The fruit is hand-picked at the market and the Swiss honey-base chocolate is hand folded by our chefs and brews for eight hours. "
"Dante suggests you finish your meal 2-3 hours before coming here for the chocolate fondue; then plan on gorging for a minimum of two hours."

wow.
I sense a 30th birthday celebration in the works. I am also sensing that my husband is going to read this post and take it in serious consideration when wondering what in the world to do for me for my birthday.

No comments: