Monday, November 24, 2008

Looking ahead

We got our double stroller in the mail today. We ordered it a couple of weeks ago in preparation for the new baby. It could have been a time for tears and dwelling on our loss. Instead, I was excited... excited about the one who would fill that second seat next year. Thank you God for hope in place of despair and for joy instead of sorrow!
I went to the doctor today to get checked to make sure everything was safe and going as it should. My body began cleaning itself out on Friday and today everything looked great. Everything's still not finished, but it's all downhill from here and no surgery needed. Another answer to prayer. We have to wait three months to conceive and I'm to continue to take my prenatal vitamins since we plan to try as soon as we're allowed.
I'm already excited about trying again. I really thought I would be emotionally tender and cautious about trying again for months, but I want that little one that I know God wants us to have. I'm excited for what He's got planned.
We leave for Destin on Wednesday without a worry. It's so appropriate that this week's theme is Thanksgiving because that's what we're doing. God has seen us through and given us amazing grace. He is so good!

No comments: