Thursday, November 05, 2009

Another Hair-Do


I wanted to play a minute before I went to bed, so I redid my makeup and tried some things and then decided to try something with my hair. I've never been able to do (nor have I really tried that hard) a pony with a pouf. This is a Mississippi favorite, from what I can tell, and I wanted to see if I could make it work. I think it's a nice way to make your pony tail look more "on purpose" rather than an indication that you didn't really have the time or desire to do your hair that day. At least that's what a ponytail usually indicates on me.
How I did it:
I put it in a high ponytail with an elastic. - Tip for all ponytails: I hate getting that little bump below my ponytail, don't you? That can be avoided by tilting your head back while securing the elastic. Then, when you look straight ahead again, the hair underneath the ponytail is pulled tight. It helps. - Next, I took the handle of an eyeshadow brush (because I do not own a rat-tailed comb) and used it to lift the hair up around the crown of my head while holding onto the elastic with my other hand to make sure I didn't pull the whole ponytail around and loosen it on all sides. After doing this, I just had a little bit more voluminousness on the top, nothing special. So, I got out a headband with teeth and placed it just behind my bangs, pressing it securely on my scalp and pushed back, effectively raking the hair into a pouf closer to the ponytail.

No comments: