Monday, August 02, 2010

Hydrangeas

I don't even really like their name... hydrangeas.  It's so complex and scientific sounding to me.  It doesn't sound like a flower.  It sounds like a disease.  You drink too much water and become over-hydrated and develop welts all over your body.  They're called hydrangeas.
This is not a post about hating hydrangeas, because, well, I'm actually starting to like them for the first time.  I never saw what all the hubbub was about.  The bushes are big awkward things with poufy clusters of tiny flowers that, on their own would be nothing to speak of.  I was recommended hydrangeas by the florist who did my wedding bouquet and I was horrified by the idea.  I'm still glad I didn't take her advice, but I AM warming up to this southern favorite.
I came across a lovely blog and particularly this lovely post and beauty like this is just begging to be shared.  I won't spoil it by trying to describe it, but let's just say that my warming up to the hydrangea may have just bloomed into love.

1 comment:

gifton said...

LOL hydrangeas... disease from drinking too much water. Love it! Totally something I would think :) Thanks for reminding me that there are kindred spirits out there that are as odd as I am! :) Love ya!